Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I found it!

Remember about a week ago I posted about the painting behind Nina's bed (Offspring)
HERE

Well an amazing angel named Emily (no blog link) posted that the artist was Rosetta Santucci!
I looked on her website and all it had was SOLD SOLD SOLD on all her art work.

Over the weekend I was showing my sister and we did a search.
I found a place in Sydney that had one of her paintings left!
SoHo Galley

This is what they had:

LINK

I emailed them straight away! I love it!
92cm x 92cm oil on canvas.

They got back to me really really quickly too!
Bad news.... It's $4500

Now I would have been happy to spend about half that.
My parents and sister still owe me a 30th birthday present and I always said I wanted a piece of art, I just have to find what I want.
But $4500 is a lot of money. Well out of our/my price range.
I shouldn't have been surprised.

Oh well... Back to the drawing board.

Someone lovely out there, please buy this painting. It's lovely.



11 comments:

  1. so happy you found the artist. But $4500 is very steep! It is lovely though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll find something just as special and perfect for you (and your budget. Have faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to go against the other posters and say if there is any way you can afford it, and you really really love it...you should get it. The amount of times I have said I just can't afford it to a beautiful piece of art and then come back because I realised it was worth it only to find it sold....heartbreaking. But only if you absolutely adore it and couldn't think of anything better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the above comment.
    I only regret the art I didn't buy!

    Can you ask if they do laybuy? And maybe if your parents and sister chip in for your birthday present..
    Also.. have you heard of a Push Present?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so seriously considering it...
    Going to go to the gallery on the weekend with the Mister...
    I have around $1000 from parents and sister from my 30th
    I have $500 from me for selling the prize I won for my Sales Rep of the year award too...
    Yes they lay buy.
    Goodness... I am seriously talking myself into this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my...it's gorgeous! You went to all that trouble to find a painting that isn't sold and you love it...so you should see if you can get it. Think of it as an investment as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful. I like it even better than the original one you spotted on TV. I'm not so good at spending money (as I just mentioned in my post) but I'm going to go with themcawesomes on this one. I came across an artwork I really, really loved a couple of years back and didn't buy it - thought it was too exxy - I've always looked for something similar since then but nothing has come close! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and art is an investment. If you are seeing "sold sold sold" there is a reason ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you end up getting this painting? If not, did you find something somewhere else? I am currently looking for some affordable oil on canvas..

    Fluffo from Vogue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope. It was over $4000 !!!
    I bought a painting from Jimmy Possum!
    Only picked it up a few weeks ago, been away etc... So will post about it when my husband finally gets around to hanging it hopefully this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to it :-)

    Fluffo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!
I appreciate your comments.