Wednesday, January 15, 2014

chocolate chocolate chocolate

Yesterday I posted a pic on Instagram that got many many a like...



So I thought I'd show you how I came up with it!

The idea for the base came from Raspberri Cupcakes except I used Coco Pops and dark chocolate! Next time I would make 1/2 to 3/4 of the quantities for the base as I found it too thick.
And the actual cheesecake filling itself I have made many many times and is no bake and you don't need to bother with gelatine! I use THIS one.

We were having dinner at my parents house as it's been so bloody hot and we were going swimming, plus we were supposed to be meeting my youngest brothers girlfriend as Abi, Erin and I are the only ones to have yet meet her! Saving the best till last I say, but really our schedules have been the total opposite and it hasn't happened.
BUT! We still haven't met her! And by no means did it turn out to be a good thing. Her families farm was under threat from the Kangaroo Ground grass fire and my brother stayed to help them. Thankfully they are safe and the fire did not reach them, but I must say mum (& dad) were a wreck knowing that their 'golden child' was out there and amongst it.

The cake was delicious! and I will make it again! I do prefer a baked cheesecake but this one is pretty damn awesome!


2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Glad to hear they are all safe and well, scary stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like the whole country is on fire at the moment :(

    Cake looks amazeballs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!
I appreciate your comments.