Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Australia Day!

We had a little 'do' at home yesterday with a few close friends.
We ate prawns, lamb and I made a pavlova!
We listened to the Triple J's hottest 100 and had a few laughs.
Here's our day in pictures...

Looking like a 'boof head' baby in her Lifesaver singlet my dad bought her in Port Douglas
I was home alone at this stage and had to hold Aib and take the photo at the same time!

Back of singlet! (In Training!) It's cute!

Self family portrait. It's hard trying to fit 3 heads in!
We all wore 'Aussie' themed tops.
Erin's was "I only drink beer on days that end in Y"
Mine was an old Supre "Oz Day" top and Abi had hers.

Abi and I wanting of our guests to arrive! We both wore denim skirts too!

Aussie flag on the dining table, bunting hung around, matching napkins, red S & P  mills to match! 

Table centre piece. I used old jars. There's even some rosemary in there! 

Super proud of my pavlova! It worked out! I've never made one before.
Covered in lots of cream! Raspberries (Have you noticed the price of raspberries  - EXPENSIVE)
Strawberries and a peppermint crisp

Hanging a flag from out balcony! 

A great end to the day! Bathing our little ones all together! So cute!
Alexandra, Abigail and Arkie.

Did you do anything special? Or have a good old relax at home?
How exciting is it that it's Friday and the weekend tomorrow!!!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day - I love the way you decorated and the bunting looks esepcially good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a blast and that pav looks yummy!

    I love bath photos they're always so cute :) I can't believe Abi is already in the big bath, time is flying.

    We just relaxed at home with this stupid heat wave. But next year I definitely want to do something especially because Logan will be older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had such a fun, festive day. love Abi's little singlet :)
    OMG peppermint crisp on top of pav??? I need to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Oz day lovely, looks like it was a good one!
    Can't wait to dress our bubba up next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat a lovely day. Abi just has the most stunning eyes!

    OMG the pav looks amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like such a fun party, and that pavlova looks yummy! :) Hope you had a great Australia day.


    awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!
I appreciate your comments.