Thursday, June 9, 2011

The pub with Guinness!

A big congratulations to our very good friends Rene and Philippa!
Today it became official that they are now the new owners of The Commercial Hotel in Balmain East!

We are super excited for them!
It's going to be a great adventure.

They won't be running it.
That will all be left to someone else.
They just own it (the land, the building the free hold too - I think it's called?)

I see many a champagne bottle being opened there.
I see many a beer being poured/pulled.
Rene is especially happy because not all pubs serve Guinness... This one will!

Here is an old photo I found on Flicker via Google images.

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting for your friends! This is just around the corner from our place. Hope they can make it into a great place for the locals as this pub hasn's had a good run lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!
I appreciate your comments.