Sunday, December 5, 2010

Testing Testing 1 2 3

This morning there is no Sunday sleep in at our house. I have struggled to work out when I am ovulating. So my GP has referred me to Next Generation Fertility to help. We are going to start Ovulation Tracking.
So basically starting today, I will go in and have regular blood tests to track my cycle and help detect when I am ovulating. 
This is from their website:
Tracking ovulation is the best way to identify the appropriate time to get pregnant.
Accurately predicting ovulation can be a little trickier than figuring out when day 14 is for you. Ovulation can be irregular or it can be affected by diet, stress or illness.
Ovulation is triggered by a surge of Luteinising Hormone (LH) from the pituitary gland. LH also stimulates the ovary to begin producing the hormone Progesterone. This surge normally occurs 24-48 hours before ovulation and can be tracked more accurately with blood tests and ultrasounds.

Who may wish to do ovulation tracking?
•    Women having regular cycles, who have been trying to fall pregnant for several months without success.
•    Women having irregular cycles, to help determine the best time to conceive.
Fingers crossed for us...

7 comments:

  1. Fingers are crossed, toes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an exciting development! It will be great to know exactly when you are ovulating so you can 'focus' your efforts! hehe

    It is interesting to read about how it all works. I'm embarassingly clueless about my own body.

    Good on you guys for being proactive

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lovely, have you tried the FemCal app for iPhone/Blackberry etc? It's very helpful! Keeps track of everything and suggests ovulation dates (but you can change them when you know). You can then print charts to take to your doctors to show cycles etc.

    Hope it helps! (Can you tell we're going through the same thing?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I never heard of this FemCal thing. I'm going o look into it now.
    I'm a Blackberry girl, so didnt even know you could get app things!
    I work with AV/IT and I have no idea on this stuff!
    Second blood test today. Got 3rd one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure you can (just not sure how to download them). If you can't, there is a website that does the same thing. I'll try to find the address for you when I get home. Hope your third test went ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jo, third test was bang on if you know what I mean....
    Found the FemCal thingy online but it was only for iphone??? Couldnt find the BB one that I would need.
    Fingers crossed for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for you! :) One step closer (ps: did your doctor say that it would be a...wait for it...geriatric pregnancy because you're 30+? Mine did! Way to make me feel old!)

    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ <----that's the website I was talking about. Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!
I appreciate your comments.